Java Software Engineer (Spring/Java )
Riga, Latvia€2,500 - €4,200 per month
WHO WE ARE?
Our team consists of more than 1000 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing the best quality services. When it comes to Latvia, our goals are ambitious. We are looking for 200 DevOps Engineers who are willing to join us in our office in Riga!
Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state-of-the-art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers, we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
Join our team of dynamic software engineers and take on the exciting challenge of leading the development and operation of network management services. As a key member of our multinational and agile team, you will play a vital role in ensuring the success of our cutting-edge technology solutions.
As a Backend developer you will:
- Develop backend services based on Spring / Java for our network management tools
- Closely align with architects and stakeholders to clarify technical requirements
- Ensure built-in quality by developing and maintaining automated tests across the services
- Improve DevOps tooling and be active part of related activities such as engineer on duty
What we offer:
- Salary from 2500 to 5000 EUR monthly gross
- 80 EUR monthly Cell Phone and Internet Allowance
- Flexible schedule and possibility to work in hybrid mode
- Ergonomic home office allowance in value of 500 EUR
- Possibility to work abroad for 4 weeks each year
- Premium health insurance after 1 month (with included consultations with psychologist or psychotherapist)
- Optics (200 EUR every 2 years)
- 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year
- 5 dedicated paid learning day’s annually
- Gym membership or swimming pool/water aerobics membership
- Day off on your birthday or names day
- 1 day off for social activities (voluntary project, adopting an animal)
- Collaborative, friendly and driven work environment
- Work on innovations, cutting edge technologies and in autonomous high performance teams
- Parking options
- Continuous development environment that fosters your growth (conferences, cross-department experience sharing, learning platforms etc.)
- Annual salary review
- Experience in Java / Spring technologies
- Solid understanding of software design patterns and architecture
- Familiar with REST APIs and related patterns
- On-hands experience with DevOps tooling and processes
- Solid understanding of databases
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science or IT diploma (FCC) - (would be considered as advantage)
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals and Certificates in software architecture - (would be considered as advantage)
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our Talent Acquisition specialist learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area. This is a chance for you to ask questions about the role and responsibilities.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your technical skills to your future team.
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.