Full Stack Engineer (Java/Angular)
Riga, Latvia€2,300 - €5,200 per monthOCD
WHO WE ARE?
Our team consists of more than 1000 IT experts and enthusiasts devoted to creating inspiring customer experiences and developing the best quality services. When it comes to Latvia, our goals are ambitious. We are looking for 200 DevOps Engineers who are willing to join us in our office in Riga!
Our ambition – to become the #1 DevOps Team. We work on innovative and challenging projects that use “state-of-the-art tech” in an Agile environment. As DevOps engineers, we understand the equal importance of relationships, culture, soft skills, and collaborative working in a friendly environment. Be one of the first members to join and shape your new favorite workplace.
Are you a well-versed web developer experienced in building complex Angular UIs? Are you experienced in building Java cloud solutions? Is Clean Code close to your heart? And are you enthusiastic about the agile way of working?
AS A FULLSTACK DEVELOPER YOU WILL:
- Develop and maintain our customer self-service web portal aimed at multiple user channels (customers, call center & shop employees) that can manage our services online. Develop software solutions in an interdisciplinary team. In pair programming, you ensure the transfer of know-how and get new projects into production.
- Actively participate and contribute to agile ceremonies, such as dailies, sprint plannings, retrospectives, reviews, etc.
- Take responsibility end-to-end, beyond just implementation - You build it You run it You release it You maintain it
- Work in a multinational distributed team, together with colleagues from Switzerland and the Netherlands.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Collaborative, friendly and driven work environment
- New modern office in the heart of Riga
- Work on innovations, cutting edge technologies and autonomous high performing teams
- 24 working days of annual paid holiday per year, excluding public holiday
- 5 dedicated paid learning days annually
- Monthly cell phone and internet allowance
- Home office allowance in value of 500 EUR
- Premium health insurance
- Parking options
- Annual salary review
- Relocation packages for people relocating from abroad
- Salary from 2300 EUR to 5200 EUR monthly gross (salary directly related to experience, knowledge level and individual's performance)
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Experience with Java Spring boot or willing to learn, to become a Full Stack Developer.
- Experience of working with REST API
- Microservice-service architecture knowledge would be considered as advantage
- Monitoring dashboards of performance, react on errors. Participate in deployments and work on operation topics.
- A communicative, active contributor who enjoys teamwork as much as sharing ideas and expertise
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Open-minded behavior, thinking out of the box
- Motivated, independent and curious to learn
- Willing to take responsibility end-to-end, beyond just implementation – You build it You run it You release it You maintain it
- Continuous development mindset
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in computer science or IT diploma (FCC) - (would be considered as advantage)
- Basic knowledge of Java Spring boot and related technologies
- Expertise in working with CI/CD, distributed systems and cloud services
- Experience with development and build tools (GIT, Jenkins, Jira) and other tools would be an advantage
Apply now for a new professional adventure and work with motivated colleagues from all over the world!
Join our DevOps team in Riga, backed by Swisscom - one of the leading Swiss IT providers.
NB! This position requires living or relocation to Latvia.
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our Talent Acquisition specialist learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area. This is a chance for you to ask questions about the role and responsibilities.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your technical skills to your future team.
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.